Friday, October 9th, 6:00 to 11:00 pm
Saturday, October 10th, 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS - Application deadline Sept 21st, 2015
The 21th Belknap Fall Festival will be held on Friday, October 9th and Saturday, October 10th. The Festival is community spirited, family-centered, and includes over 150 booths of juried arts and crafts, educational exhibits, food from local eateries, and family fun. There is live music on the stage all day and beer garden featuring local craft beers. The Festival draws a diverse crowd of all ages. Admission is free.
The event is made possible because of great neighborhood volunteers. The festival would not be possible without the support our wonderful business sponsors. We produce this event to support local artists and vendors, encourage community involvement and give back to our neighborhood. We appreciate your participation.
When: Friday, October 9th, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Saturday, October 10th, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (rain or shine).
Where: Historic Douglass Loop in the Highlands of Louisville – - 2200 Block Bardstown Road – Dundee Road, Harvard, Yale/Wibben Drives - (2 miles from Bardstown Road/Watterson Expressway Exit).
Weather: Meteorology history shows this is the driest and nicest weekend in October! It has not rained for 18 years during this weekend. The weather is usually sunny and the temperature ranges in the 70s to 80s.
Attendance: The event has grown consistently and in 2013 had as estimated attendance of 18,000 people.
Publicity: We obtain a great deal of free publicity including public news reports and appearances during the Festival. The Festival budget allows us to purchase promotion on all three Louisville Public Media stations and pays for additional print advertising. For the first time we will be supporting an informative webpage that will help promote the Belknap Fall Festival. We will ensure you have an easy way to provide links to this site for your loyal customers and to help promote the Festival.
Booths: We will provide each artist with a 12’ x 12’ Outdoor Space on asphalt pavement. Some spaces have a sidewalk behind them. Artist booths are located in 5 'zones' (download a detailed event map here).
Juried Arts and Crafts: The Belknap Fall Festival Jury comprises artists, art instructors, business owners, and BNA residents. The Belknap Fall Festival Committee and the jury reserve the right to select among applicants the best mix of media. The Jury will limit the number of artists in one area, such as jewelry, and will choose only the highest scores. Past participants are not assured of being included in the jury from year to year. All arts must be handcrafted or enhanced at least 50% into a unique handcrafted work of art. All items displayed must be family friendly and be displayed in a professional manner. We encourage demonstration of products at the booth. No resale of items made by others, including handcrafted items.
Setup and Cleanup:
- All vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, and display materials. Tents, which need to be weighted, are strongly recommended since the event will take place rain or shine. Please indicate on your application if an 8-foot table and 2 chairs are needed and include $15 to cover cost.
- Electricity is only available for food vendors.
- Anyone using their own generator must receive approval from the Belknap Festival Committee to meet safety and noise considerations of neighboring booths. Generators should be very quiet and odor free.
- Set up of artist tents and display equipment is from 2:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, October 9th. Set up on Saturday morning begins at 8:00 a.m. and must be completed by 10:45 a.m. Overnight security will be provided by Belknap on Friday night however we strongly discourage leaving merchandise in tents.
- Artist Judging will begin at 11:15 a.m. on Saturday. Artist awards (money and recognition) will be announced and presented in the early afternoon.
- THE BELKNAP FALL FESTIVAL COMMITTEE AND OTHER SPONSORS OF THE EVENT ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN, OR DAMAGED GOODS OR MERCHANDISE. We strongly suggest bringing plastic sheets and tent weights in case of inclement weather and wind.
- Clean up must be completed by 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 10th. Additional instruction on exiting Saturday night will be provided.
Fees and Requirements for Application:
- Juried Arts and Crafts: $100.00 (includes 12’ x 12’ booth fee and required temporary vendor permit).
- Requests for two adjacent spaces (12’ x 24’) is $190.00 for artists as only one vendor permit is needed.
- The Booth Fee includes the $10 temporary vendor permit that is required by Metro Louisville for any booth selling items. Vendor permits will be distributed the morning of the Festival.
- Payment is refundable only if vendor is not accepted.
- Artists must upload digital photos of artwork, information about the medium and how the artwork is crafted, and information about the artist(s). Only art and handcrafted items allowed – no resale or production line crafts. All artists must be re-juried no matter how many years an artist has participated in the event.
- Only two artists allowed per booth space.
Other Important Information for Booth Participants:
- All sales made by booth participants belong to booth vendor(s). Belknap does not ask for a percentage of sales from artists.
- Refunds are not made to participants who decide to cancel their booth space or do not show. Refunds may be granted in some instances if a participant notifies chairperson at the Festival email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 15th, 2015.
- Only items described on your application can be sold or displayed. Any additions must be approved by the jury prior to the Festival. Some items may be approved after the deadline date of August 31st - if presented by September 15th, 2015.
- No raffle tickets or other fundraising items for any organization, including packaged food, can be sold at booths, unless approved by the jury. Any applicant who breaks these rules will automatically be revoked from any future Belknap Festivals and may be asked to leave.
- Disabled Drop Off Locations – Harvard Drive at either end of street closure.
- Belknap gladly provides artist hosts and booth sitters for those who make the request the day of the event.
Questions, inquires, or more information needed?
Contact the Belknap Neighborhood Fall Festival:
BNA Official Website: